Economic Development is seeing increased growth in commercial/industrial private investments. In addition, according to Central MN Builders Association, first half 2020 building reports for single family developments rose from 42 in 2019 to 55 in 2020; the highest single-family development year since 2017. This residential growth is fueling new investments in key corridors of St. Cloud, including Division Street with several redevelopment projects underway, downtown and throughout the City.
Recent Development Activity Highlights include significant renovations and new construction by:.
• Runnings – substantial renovation of former Shopko East
• Tumble Fresh Laundry – Division Street redevelopment/new construction
• CVS – Division Street renovations
• Holiday Inn substantial renovations
• Stone Gate Dental new construction
• Simplicity Health/360 Chiropractic $1.7 million - 8,000 sf health clinic new construction
• St. Cloud Orthopedic South $2.5 million medical office at Roosevelt road new construction
Additional developments in the pipeline include redevelopment of the former Ciatti’s restaurant on Division St., redevelopment of former Gateway Motel for a new multi-tenant retail/service building including Caribou Coffee, new construction of Spire Credit Union near Crossroads Center and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, just to name a few! Over the past few months Economic Development has seen increased prospect activity from large manufacturing and distribution projects seeking locations for new construction in areas with a strong skilled workforce.